Ian has over 20 years experience in the accounting profession and has specialised in taxation for 16 years. He has predominantly worked with Big 4 and 2nd tier firms in Australia, Canada, and the USA and has recently returned closer to home on the Gold Coast with Walsh Accountants to add a tax specialty to their services.
Ian's experience encompasses a broad range of industries including manufacturing, mining, property development, intellectual property, and service industries ranging from public companies to SME's.
His taxation knowledge covers a number of areas including:
- Structuring of Entities and Transactions
- Capital Gains Tax & Small Business CGT concessions
- International Tax Issues – inbound & outbound
- Corporate Tax & consolidated groups
- Division 7A & UPE considerations
- Risk Reviews
- Private Rulings & Objections
- Estate Taxation
- R&D tax incentives
- Member of Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia
- Chartered Tax Advisor (CTA)
- Bachelor of Business (Accounting) – University of Tasmania
- Master of Taxation – University of New South Wales