Xero is an online accounting system that gives you and authorised users, such as our team, easy access to your bank transactions, invoices, reports, and even your GST calculations.
We found eight great reasons why we think this software will benefit your business.
1. Real-time view of your cashflow. Xero's dashboard gives you a summary of all your bank account details and balances, and shows you how much money you have coming in and going out – plus the ability to drill down to see transaction details.
2. Manage your own billing simply. Xero lets you enter your invoices quickly and efficiently, letting you create a schedule to automatically generate invoices on a regular basis – you can even Email formatted invoices directly to your customers from within Xero.
3. Anywhere, anytime. Xero is web-based so you can work where you want, when you want with 24/7 access from any internet connection in the world – PC, laptop, Mac and even a smartphone. Xero requires no installation, manual backups, maintenance or additional software – all you need is a modern internet browser.
4. Automatic Bank Feeds. Xero links in with your internet banking and is able to download all your business transactions at the push of a button. Most of our clients have found their quarterly BAS preparation time has been halved by using this function and virtually eliminates the need to enter data in manually from a bank statement.
5. Memorised Transactions. Xero has a great advantage to other accounting software by recognising your regular suppliers/customers and automatically coding their transactions to memorised account codes or applied gainst your debtors ledger. This is yet another great time saving feature from this software.
6. Payroll Function. Employees can access their payslips online through their own user id and password (or can be emailed directly with a PDF image). Additionally, employees are able to view details such as annual leave accrued, sick leave entitlements and deductions applied. Clients can set up employees with different access levels to ensure sensitive information remains confidential.
7. Document Storage. Scanning and electronic filing and storage of utilities and supplier invoices is just another great feature of Xero. If you don't have access to a scanner, not a problem, simply take a photo of the invoice with your smart phone and upload into the program; it's that easy! You can also automatically access copies of any stored invoices straight from the
itemised amounts listed in balance sheet.
8. Automatic Xero Upgrades. Unlike other accounting programs, you will never have to upgrade your Xero software. As Xero is a cloud based accounting program, they will upgrade your software throughout the year whenever they have updates available and also annually to ensure that your payroll tables are always up to date. This is done at no extra cost to you.
After assessing the program we have embraced the software and registered to become a Xero Certified Partner. Through this association, we are able to offer extended services to our business clients. The functions below are exclusive to Xero Certified Partners
Xero Cashbook. Manage your cashflow online with Xero, but leave the rest of your account management in our hands. If you have any queries contact us any time using the "Ask My Accountant" button on the Help menu in Xero Cashbook.
Managed Client Role. If you don't have time or feel uncomfortable about managing every aspect of your accounts, but still want to have visibility of your cashflow then the Xero Managed Client function is for you. This lets our make comments about your bank reconciliation whilst we manage it.
We believe Xero is perfect for small to medium businesses because of its functionality and availability and access to live data. This program will assist you in seeing where your business is day to day, not just every quarter or annually when we're able to produce meaningful reports for you.