Update 16 August 2021
Applications for the $5000 COVID-19 Business Support Grants will open at 12pm (midday), 16 August 2021
The grants will be available to eligible small and medium businesses and large tourism and hospitality businesses across Queensland affected by the August 2021 COVID-19 lockdowns.
For all the information, visit the Queensland Government grants website
Who can apply?
Small and medium businesses
To be eligible, you:
- must employ staff (employees must be on your payroll and does not include any business owners)
- have a Queensland headquarters
- must have an annual turnover of more than $75,000
- must have an annual payroll in Queensland of not more than $10 million
- must show or declare a reduction in turnover of 30% or more for a 1-week period that includes at least one full day of the:
- South East Queensland lockdown commencing 31 July 2021
- the Cairns and Yarrabah lockdown commencing 8 August 2021, or
- any other lockdown in Queensland in August 2021.
Large tourism and hospitality businesses
To be eligible, you:
- ALL OF THE ABOVE, plus
- must have an annual payroll in Queensland of more than $10 million
- must operate in the tourism and hospitality sector – check the ANZSIC codes for your eligibility
Unsure of your eligibility? Use the Queensland Government eligibility checker
How to apply
Applications will open 12pm (midday), 16 August 2021 and will remain open for 3 months.
You will need to apply online with supporting evidence through the Queensland Rural and Industry Development Authority (QRIDA) portal
To verify your eligibility, you must submit an Independent Financial Confirmation letter with your application. This letter is to be prepared by a qualified accountant, registered tax agent, or registered BAS agent.
If you need assistance in preparing this letter, please contact our office to speak with your accountant.
2 August 2021
$5,000 funding to become available
The Queensland government has announced that $5,000 grants will be made available to small and medium businesses across Queensland affected by the current COVID-19 lockdown (commenced Saturday 31 July 2021) and lockdowns in other states.
These $5,000 grants are designed to provide cashflow support for businesses to help them adapt to evolving circumstances particularly for those in tourism and hospitality within the lockdown areas.
The 2021 COVID-19 Business Support Grants will provide grants of $5,000 (excluding GST) to:
- employing small and medium businesses* across Queensland that are impacted by the current SEQ lockdown; and
- large businesses in the hospitality and tourism sectors operating in the 11 local government areas in lockdown.
Businesses must have experienced at least a 30% reduction in turnover as a result of the lockdown to be eligible as well as meeting other eligibility criteria.
Sole traders that are employing businesses will be eligible for the grants if they are not receiving, or are not eligible to receive, income support through the Australian Government’s disaster payment.
Non employing sole traders may be eligible for support through the COVID-19 Disaster Payment with further information available on the Services Australia website.
*Small and medium businesses are defined as businesses that have a turnover of more than $75,000 per annum and have an annual payroll in Queensland of up to $10 million.
Further information on the 2021 COVID-19 Business Support Grants including eligibility criteria and details of how to apply will be available shortly from: www.business.qld.gov.au/supportgrant
Support packages for individuals
COVID-19 disaster payment
The payment helps workers who are unable to earn money due to a COVID-19 lockdown or hotspot.
Eligible workers will receive $750 per week if they lose 20 hours or more of work while those that lose between 8 and less than 20 hours, or a full day of work, will receive a payment of $450 per week.
For federal government media release visit www.pm.gov.au/media/covid-19-disaster-support-payment-boosted
For more information and details on how to apply: https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/services/centrelink/covid-19-disaster-payment
How can Walsh Accountants help?
Specialising and Entrepreneurial and Business Support – we’re here to help you throughout this period of instability. Our team of Accountants are here to assist you with all the knowledge we have to help you adapt to the changing environment and keep your business afloat.
If you are in need of our assistance, we encourage you to contact us as soon as possible.