Walsh Accountants can help you apply for the Boosting Female Founders Initiative which provides female founders of startup businesses with government funding to launch and scale their businesses into domestic and global markets.
It will help female entrepreneurs overcome the disadvantages they face in getting access to finance and support, to grow their startups. Targeted support will be on a co-contribution basis.
The Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources
Boosting Female Founders (BFF) Initiative.
To help female founders to access early stage capital to grow their start-ups in national and international markets.
Amount of Grant:
The grants will be available on a co-contribution basis, in two tiers as follows:
Tier one – $25,000 to $100,000 ($140,000 if you meet eligibility )
Tier two – $100,001 to $400,000 ($480,000 if you meet additional requirements)
Eligible female founded (majority owned and led by women) startups can apply:
- The startup must be at least 50 per cent women owned (equity or shares) and at least 50 per cent of the founding team or senior managers must be women.
- A startup is an early stage, innovative or disruptive business that is working on a new or novel product, service or has a different business model. The startup must be scalable — able to grow quickly and has the potential to address large national and international markets.
Additional requirements to qualify for Tier 2 Funding are:
- Show evidence that your startup is a female founded (majority owned and led by women), see section 14
- Provide evidence to support your source of funding (e.g. letter from contributor/s confirming funding amount) (Stage Two applications only)
- Provide evidence from your board (or chief executive officer or equivalent if there is no board) that the project is supported, and that you can complete the project and meet the costs of the project not covered by grant funding
Stage 1 – Register an Expression of Interest
An EOI must be lodged by 14 April, 2020.
Stage 2 – Invitation to Complete & Submit A Formal Grant Application
Expressions of interest are evaluated in accordance with the eligibility criteria.
Eligible applications will be invited to submit a formal application
Want to register an EOI for the Boosting Female Founders Initiative?
Applications can be made via the Australian Government website – Boosting Female Founders Grant
If you would like to discuss your eligibility or need any assistance, please contact Gavin Austin on 0404 415 30.
As Walsh Accountants Principal Consultant and head of our R&D and Innovation Division, Gavin will be able to assist you with any query you may have; or help you to prepare and lodge your application for both Tier 1. and Teir 2.