About Walsh Accountants
As a leading AFR Top 100 Firm, Walsh Accountants is the Gold Coast’s longest standing family owned Accounting Firm specialising in servicing the needs of private clients, privately owned businesses, and multinational groups.
Since 1976 we have been at the cutting edge of professional expertise and tailored client assistance. It is our firm-wide mission to Unleash the Potential of People and Business to Grow Communities – and committed to our plans for growth, are looking to inject some serious talent into our team.
As an Accountant at Walsh, you will be involved in providing professional accounting services to a diverse range of small to medium sized businesses ranging from $1m – $20m in turnover.
This role will provide you exposure to numerous clients across a broad range of industries. You’ll focus on delivering high quality, value adding work while developing your technical and client management skillset in a high performing team.
Day to day you will be performing:
- Preparation of financial statements for all entity types.
- Assisting with the preparation and delivery of tax compliance services, including:
- Income tax returns for companies, trusts, individuals and partnerships;
- Monthly/quarterly BAS and IAS services;
- Annual FBT returns; and
- Payroll tax calculation and lodgement.
- Preparation of month and year-end reconciliations, including the provision of working paper files for sign-off by Manager and Director.
- Monthly payroll services including superannuation.
- Thorough working knowledge of the Australian taxation system including ability to identify, apply and provide recommendations on a range of technical issues including Capital Gains Tax and Division 7A.
- Be able to identify, apply and provide recommendations on amongst other things: business planning, business/tax structuring and benchmarking.
- Assist with the preparation of annual tax planning reporting to clients.
- Be involved in hands-on client contact to ensure deliverables meet client needs and expectations.
What you’ll need to succeed
- Build and maintain trust and rapport with clients and peers
- Strong communication and relationship building skills
- The ability to work autonomously or as part of a team
- Demonstrated analytical/problem solving ability
- Excellent attention to detail and a proactive approach to work
- Project a positive and professional representation of the firm at all times
- Commitment to continuing professional development
- An interest in, currently completing or finished a CA or CPA qualification
- Knowledge or use of Xero is desirable
What we will offer you
Walsh Accountants is a firm that is focused on growth and providing opportunities for its clients and team.
Walsh Accountants offers professional development, workplace flexibility, a competitive salary package and a collaborative culture. We are committed to building your skills, and balance work with promoting health, wellbeing and social activities.
If you are interested in this fantastic opportunity to accelerate your career, don’t hesitate to contact our office on 07 5592 3644.
Alternatively, apply direct with your CV and either a cover letter or video explaining what your A-Game looks like to email@example.com