The Business Basics grants program provides support to businesses to increase core skills and adopt best practice.
This support includes funded activities in 5 priorities:
- Professional business advice
- Business continuity and succession
- Training and coaching
- Website build or upgrades
- Strategic marketing services
Business Basics Grant Program - Key Details
Eligible business size: Small businesses (annual turnover in current year <$300,000)
Funding available: $5,000 (excl. GST)
Opening date: Applications open 31 May 2021
Closing date: Applications close when (whichever happens first):
- Government receives sufficient applications for a competitive assessment, or
- June 30 2021.
We anticipate this grant to be very popular and encourage you to submit your application on Monday 31st May. Your application will need to include
- a completed application form outlining how the funding will assist the business.
- supplier quotes (no more than 2) detailing who will undertake the project work, description of services, and outline key activities. These must total more than $5,000 (excluding GST)
Note: This grant program is competitively assessed. Not all applications will be funded.
How can Walsh Accountants help?
Whilst this grant cannot be used for general business operating costs (e.g. accounting, tax returns), the specialist Accountants in our Business and Entrepreneurial Support & Focus Advisory divisions can help you in the funded grant areas of professional business advice, business continuity and succession, or training and coaching. This will give you access to an array of services such as the preparation of:
- Business plans
- Strategic development plans
- Operational plans such as budget and cashflow projections, break-even analysis, and cashflow acceleration strategies
- KPI / ROI analysis and goal setting
- Business continuity and succession planning
- Coaching for owners and key staff
If you are eligible to apply for this grant and would like to discuss how we can help you, contact us to speak with one of our Accountants.
Quote for services will need to be submitted with your grant application. Should you wish to use your funds on professional business services provided by Walsh Accountants, we recommend you contact our office by Friday 28th May.