The federal government has recently announced a grant of up to $25,000 for small and medium food and beverage manufacturing businesses to assist with energy-saving projects.
The aim of this grant is to assist businesses to improve energy efficiency practices and technologies and better manage energy consumption to reduce their power bills. They will be assisted to save energy by:
- replacing existing equipment with more energy efficient equipment
- installing or replacing components to help existing systems run more efficiently
- carrying out energy audits
- monitoring and optimising energy use and emissions
- increasing knowledge of energy efficiency practices, and
- positioning small and medium sized enterprises to adopt future technological advancement in energy consumption.
For eligible businesses who employ between 1 and 199 staff, there is no co-contribution required meaning the project and/or purchases can be fully covered by the grant alone.
Applications for this grant are OPEN NOW and will close 5pm 18 February.
For more information, including all eligibility criteria and information on how to apply, please visit the Food and Beverage Manufacturing Grant website