RACGP Foundation and HCF Research Foundation are offering a Research Grant to General Practitioners for Impact of COVID-19 on General Practice.
Research to understand the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on general practice. (e.g. the use of telehealth and telehealth item numbers and evaluation of COVID-19 clinics)
- Principal investigator must be a general practitioner.
- Confirmation of the following:
- Availability and capacity of your team;
- Ability to collect data; and
- Ability of your human research ethics committee to review your application within a short time frame.
Applications will be assessed against the following criteria:
- The quality of the proposed methodology;
- The importance of the research, including the need for it to be undertaken during the pandemic and its relevance to general practice;
- The potential of the research to be translated into improved policy or practice, and/or inform responses to, and develop best practice approaches for, future pandemics;
- Track record of the research team;
Expressions of Interest
Must Be Lodged by 24 April 2020
Applicants are asked to provide a short expression of interest of no more than one page addressing the following:
- Name and contact details of Principal Investigator
- Project title
- Funding amount requested
- Duration of study
- Expected time required to gain ethics approval
- Description of research plan, using the following headings:
- Research question being addressed
- Proposed methodology
- Importance of the research
- Translation and impact
- Details of the research team
- Expression of interest evaluated against selection criteria
- Shortlisted projects may be asked to submit further information before final grant recipient is decided.
Want to regsiter for the COVID-19 and general practice research projects?
Applications can be made via the RACGP – COVID19 Website
If you would like to discuss your eligibility or need any assistance, please contact Gavin Austin on 0404 415 30.