I love working closely with business owners and health professionals to help them understand their business so together we can develop effective strategies to grow the business and meet their financial goals.
I am passionate about helping our Walsh team to develop new skills and knowledge, ensuring we all continue to learn, improve and adapt to the ever changing business world.
Description of Role
Working in public practice since 2004, Donna has extensive experience in accounting for health professionals, management rights, primary production, hotels and café's as well as wide range of other industries and she has worked with business in start-up right through to assisting with those looking to sell their business.
As the head of our Health division, Donna is focused on ensuring our medico and health professionals are operating their practices efficiently and not paying more tax than they need to. She is able to assist clients with tax and compliance for both businesses and Self-Managed Superannuation Funds but also focuses on optimising business performance through cash flow budgeting, KPI monitoring and growth strategy and loves assisting clients to minimise tax through structuring and tax planning.
As the Director responsible for training and development, Donna is passionate about continually growing the team's knowledge and skills and helping the Walsh team to be the best that they can be.
Areas of Expertise
Areas of Service
- Member Institute of Chartered Accountants Australia
- Bachelor of Business (Accounting)
- Bachelor of Human Movement/ Bachelor of Business Studies
- Winner New Partner of Year – Australian Accounting Awards 2018
- Finalist Director of the Year – Women in Finance Awards 2018
- Finalist Small Business Advisor of the Year – Women in Finance Awards 2018
- Finalist Small Business Advisor of the Year – SMSF & Accounting Awards QLD 2018
- Finalist Accountant of the Year – Australian Accounting Awards 2017
- 1st in Queensland for CA Modules Taxation and Management Accounting.
- Completed CPA Qualification with High Distinction for 5 modules.
- Presented at Women In Business Lead & Succeed Event 2017 & 2018
- Member of BNI Chambers – Voted Most Valuable Member 2018
- Member of Business Women’s Incorporated
Loves watching most sports as well as participating in netball and running. Fishing and boating with my husband, the beach and reading (for education and pleasure).