After many years working with international accounting firms, I was attracted to Walsh Accountants for its progressive culture and long history on the Gold Coast.
I have over 20 years’ experience in the accounting profession and I have specialised in taxation for over 15 years. I really enjoy specialising in taxation because I know I am able to provide specialist knowledge and advice to really help our clients through many difficult situation. One of the most enjoyable things about my role is when I get the opportunity to provide great outcomes for clients which in a number of cases has reduced their taxes significantly.
Description of Role
Ian McGinniss is Walsh Accountants tax specialist and assists individuals and business owners with complex tax matters.
Predominantly working with the Big 4 and 2nd tier firms in Australia, Canada, and the USA, Ian returned home on the Gold Coast and began working with Walsh Accountants in December 2015.
Ian's experience encompasses a broad range of industries including manufacturing, mining, property development, intellectual property, and service industries ranging from public companies to SME's.
His taxation knowledge covers a number of areas including:
- Structuring of Entities and Transactions
- Capital Gains Tax & Small Business CGT concessions
- International Tax Issues – inbound & outbound
- Corporate Tax & consolidated groups
- Division 7A & UPE considerations
- Risk Reviews
- Private Rulings & Objections
- Complex Estate Taxation
- R&D tax incentives
If you have a complex tax issue, you can be sure Ian will have the knowledge and expertise to assist you.
Areas of Expertise
Areas of Service
- Member of Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia
- Chartered Tax Advisor (CTA)
- Bachelor of Business (Accounting) – University of Tasmania
- Master of Taxation – University of New South Wales