I consider myself to be the quintessential Intrapreneur because I work for Walsh Accountants as if it were my own business. I have seen the amazing things our Accountants can achieve for our clients and I take great pride in my role and responsibility in promoting our services so people are aware of the difference we can make to their business and the impact on their lives.
The Directors of the firm are a constant inspiration to me and being part of the development and growth of Walsh Accountants is so rewarding. I am one of the few people that genuinely loves what they do and I believe it’s the passion I have for my role that has given me the ability to accomplish everything I have whilst working for the firm.
Description of Role
Rachael has been with Walsh Accountants since 2004 and during this time successfully completed a Certificate III in Business Administration and a Diploma of Management. She worked her way from Receptionist to Client Relationship Manager.
Being with the firm for over 15 years, Rachael has vast knowledge & experience in all areas of the firm and has been at the forefront of our evolution. Rachael has a strong work ethic and attention to detail and has played an integral part in establishing many of our administrative systems and processes and continues to support our Administration team in areas of development.
In 2017 Rachael took leave to have her first child and since her return in mid-2018, her role has evolved to focus on Business Development, PR and Marketing. Rachael works tirelessly to promote and brand our firm with such impact, helping Walsh Accountants to become one of the most recognisable on the Gold Coast.
Rachael is also an integral part of our Management Team which handles business development, planning, strategies and implementation within the business.
- Certificate III Business Administration
- Diploma of Management
- Rachael was awarded the national Administrator of the Year in 2016 and 2017 (Australian Accounting Awards and Women in Finance Awards) and after being named a finalist in 2016, in 2017 she was awarded The Futurist for the Gold Coast Women in Business Awards – a category that recognises the contribution an employee makes to the success and growth of an organisation.
- 2016 Accounting Industry Office Administrator of the Year - Accountants Daily
- 2016 The Futurist Finalist - Gold Coast Women in Business Awards
- 2017 Accounting Industry Office Administrator of the Year - Women in Finance
- 2017 The Futurist Winner - Gold Coast Women in Business Awards
In 2018, my husband and I established our own small business so working on that keeps us pretty busy!
In my downtime, I absolutely adore spending time with my husband and our daughter or catching up with our family & friends.
We also love enjoying the best of the Gold Coast and getting out onto the water whenever we can.