Great news! The Queensland government has announced another grant available for Queensland businesses.
The Business Boost grants program provides support to businesses to advance improvements in their efficiency and productivity. Your business may be eligible to receive a grant payment of up to $15,000 (excluding GST) to your proposed project.
This support includes funded activities in 3 project areas:
- Future planning
- Specialised and automated software
- Staff management, development, and planning
There are eligible and ineligible activities for all three categories listed on the Queensland Government website.
Successful applicants must co-contribute at least 30% of the total project costs.
To be eligible for this grant your business must:
- have fewer than 20 employees at the time of applying for the grant
- have an active Australian Business Number (ABN) and registered for GST
- have a Queensland headquarters
- have a turnover of between $300,000 (minimum) and $600,000 (maximum) in the last financial year (2020–21)
- have a publicly reachable web presence to identify business operations (e.g. business website and/or social media pages)
- not be insolvent or have owners/directors that are an undischarged bankrupt.
Applications for this round of funding open at 9am on Friday 30th July 2021.
Once again, we expect this opportunity to be very popular and with applications closing when enough applications are received for competitive assessment, we encourage you to prepare your application now and be ready to apply the day the grant opens.
How Walsh Accountants can help you?
The team at Walsh Accountants can assist in the area of future planning and the eligible projects are:
- Strategic business planning for innovation or growth
- Implementing a governance board to guide strategic planning
- Exporting opportunities and requirements
- Compliance with industry regulations and standards
If you would like to discuss how our specialist Focus Advisory team can help you with a future planning project or help you prepare your application, contact our team today to speak with one of our Accountants.